- Located at a local public school
- Great program for Boys and Girls
- Opportunities for success for children with and without learning differences
- A program where children can be children
- Caring and nurturing staff
- Licensed by the Connecticut Office of Early Childhood
- Students grades K to age 12
Give your child a summer of fun and friendship at this exciting full-day camp. Summer Adventure offers affordable option with a location in Torrington and Newtown. Children experience a variety of daily indoor and outdoor activities such as art, music, nature, water play and more in a nurturing, noncompetitive environment. Special theme days such as pajama day, crazy hat day, sports team day and more highlight each week and are enjoyed by all campers. Participants will also have the opportunity to swim twice a week and enjoy a special event or field trip each week!
We follow the regulated ratio of one teacher to every 10 students, with extra staff most days for quality purposes. Each program site also employs one or more staff who are certified in first aid, CPR, Medication Administration and Epi-pen use.
Dates & Rates
Newtown Middle School
June 24, 2019 - August 16, 2019
Full Day: $50 per day (Reductions for 2nd & 3rd child)
Half Day: $38 per half day, per child
June 19, 2019 - August 16, 2019
Full Day: $42 per day (Reductions for 2nd & 3rd child)
Half Day: $30 per half day, per child
Flexibility is key as the schedules of parents and children are busy! Full and half day options are available. Sign up and pay tuition for any combination of full and half days. Additional days may be added once your schedule is submitted but please note, once you submit a day you are responsible for the payment of that day.
7:00am - 12:30pm
12:30pm - 6:00pm
7:00am - 1:00pm
12:30pm - 6:00pm
Breakfast, Lunch & Snack
Morning breakfast and an afternoon snack is served Daily, following the Connecticut Adult and Child Food Programs Healthy Eating Guidelines. Weekly Menu will be posted.*
Summer Adventure Program students will need to bring a cold lunch with a beverage in a non-breakable container.
EdAdvance Summer Food Service will provide a nutritious lunch Monday-Friday for all full and half-day campers.
* No nut products will be served for lunch or snack if an allergy exists with any student.
Tuesday & Thursday*
1:00pm - 4:00pm
*Week of August 5th, swimming will be Thursday & Friday
Monday & Wednesday
4:00pm - 6:00pm*
Besse Park Pool
*Parent pickup at the pool
- All students are required to wear program t-shirt on all field trips
- There is an additional cost for field trips/special events.
- All staff chaperone field trips. Therefore, all students registered for a field trip day are required to attend the field trip and will be charged the additional fee for the field trip.
|6/21||Movies & Dairy Queen (Torrington only)||12:30pm-4:30pm||$10|
|6/28||Roller Magic, Waterbury||12:15pm-3:30pm||
|7/19||R&B Sports World||TBD||$23|
|7/26||Flight, New Britian||12:30pm-4:15pm||$25|
|8/2||Spare Time Bowling, Bristol||12:15pm-3:45pm||$18|
|8/6*||Lake Compounce, Bristol||10:30am-5:00pm||$39|
|8/16||CT Science Center, Hartford||10:00am-4:15pm||$25|
Non-Refundable Registration Fee
Deposit through May 31st
*applied to tuition account at the end of the program