Continuing Education and Enrichment classes will begin in September ONLINE. A limited number of classes MAY be offered at program sites. Look for our catalog in the mail at your home or select locations around town at the end of August.
EdAdvance is planning to offer FREE English as a Second Language, Citizenship, Basic Education (Reading and Math skills), and GED® test preparation ONLINE in Fall 2020.
Register in one of three ways:
- Limited in-person registration. See the list of locations and times in our catalog.
- Mail-in. Call or email to request a registration form: 800.300.4781 or 860.567.0863 (ask for adult ed) OR email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name and complete address so that form can be mailed to you.
- Call in the main office. Call to give your information by phone. 800.300.4781 or 860.567.0863
Registration for fall classes will be September 1-11. Adult learners who wish to participate in the High School Credit Diploma Program must schedule an appointment with our school counselor by August 21 in order to start fall classes. Call 860.567.0863 x1133.
Adult Learners interested in the National External Diploma Program may start at any time, but an appointment with our school counselor is also required. Call 860.567.0863 x1133.
After registration, students will be contacted by their teachers with information about
- what to expect
- links to access online materials
- teacher contact information
If you have a Smartphone, you will be able to participate in class at some level. Most classes will be using Google Classroom, Zoom, or WhatsApp to communicate with students.
Teachers will work with students who need paper copies of instructional materials. Our Student Online Learning Guide contains information about Internet access, obtaining a computer, and improving your technology skills.
EdAdvance Adult & Continuing Education is a state and locally funded program serving 17 school districts. Barkhamsted, Colebrook, Hartland, Litchfield, New Hartford, Norfolk, Plymouth, Region 1, Region 6, Region 7, Region 14, Region 15, Sherman, Thomaston, Torrington, Watertown and Winchester.
For questions about enrichment and continuing education classes, call 800.300.4781 to speak to one of our Program Associates about registration, course information, and refunds.”
For further information about any of these classes, click on the EdAdvance Adult Education Catalog or Register For Courses tab, or call our office at 1.800.300.4781.
- High School Diploma Opportunities: GED, CDP (Credit Diploma Program), & NEDP (National External Diploma Program)
- ABE (Adult Basic Education)
- ESL (English as a Second Language)
- Citizenship Classes
Program Enhancement Projects:
- Family Literacy Program
- Transition to College
- Classes for adults with barriers to education
- Workplace Readiness
- Litchfield - EdAdvance Office
- Falls Village (Region 1) - Housatonic Valley Regional High School
- Plymouth - Terryville High School
- Southbury (Region 15) - Pomperaug High School
- Torrington - Steps at East School, Torrington High School, Torrington American Job Center, Vogel-Wetmore School (ESL only), and Center Congregational Church
- Watertown - Watertown High School
- Winsted (Region 7) - Northwestern Regional High School
- Woodbury (Region 14) - Woodbury Middle School
EdAdvance Adult & Continuing Education is committed to a policy of equal opportunity/affirmative action for all qualified persons and does not discriminate in any employment practice, education program, or educational activity on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability (including, but not limited to, intellectual disability, past or present history of mental disorder, physical disability or learning disability), genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by Connecticut state and/or federal nondiscrimination laws. Inquiries regarding EdAdvance Adult & Continuing Education’s nondiscrimination policies should be directed to Susan Domanico at 860.567.0863.
General Accessibility and Accommodation
All activities offered by EdAdvance Adult & Continuing Education are held in accessible locations. Accommodations for individuals with a disability are available upon request. Please contact Susan Domanico at 860.567.0863.
General Educational Development (GED®) Test Accommodations
Accommodations for the GED® test are available for qualified individuals with a disability. For more information, contact Susan Domanico at 860.567.0863. You may also contact Sabrina Mancini at the Connecticut State Department of Education at (860) 807-2110.
No Charge for materials for mandated courses
EdAdvance Adult & Continuing Education is in compliance with Connecticut General Statutes Sec.10-73a and does not charge fees for registration, textbooks or materials used in mandated program areas.