EdAdvance Adult & Continuing Education offers multiple opportunities for adults who are seeking a high school diploma . Our programs seek to serve a diverse population of age, ethnicity, language skills, educational background, and family situations.
GED Prep and Testing
- Provides individuals with the opportunity to earn a high school equivalency credential recognized in 40 of the 50 United States, including Connecticut.
- Contact our office to schedule an enrollment appointment. Bring a government issues photo ID.
- There is no charge for testers under 21 or veterans. You must schedule an enrollment appointment before you can schedule any tests. EdAdvance is authorized GED testing center.
CDP - High School Credit Diploma Program
- Provide an opportunity to earn a high school diploma to those individuals who have not earned enough credits to complete their high school education.
- Complies with the provisions of the statutes of the State of Connecticut.
- Students may enroll in seated classes that meet for 50 hours, take online classes, or be awarded credit for work, military, or community service.
NEDP - National External Diploma Program
- Assesses high school level skills awarding a high school diploma so graduates can meet their academic and career goals.
- Online program designed for self-directed youth and adults with life and work experiences and a general familiarity with the computer.
- Offers flexible scheduling and confidentiality.
- Evaluates 70 competencies in ten content areas including Communication and Media Literacy, Applied Math/Numeracy, Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Civic Literacy and Community Participation, Consumer Awareness and Financial Literacy, Cultural Literacy, Geography and History, Health Literacy, Science, and Twenty-First Century Workplace.
- Evaluates competencies that are based on skills outlined in the College and Career Readiness Standards.