The Center for Program Research & Evaluation (CPRE) @ EdAdvance was created in 2008 to provide exceptional assessment, research, and evaluation services for educational, health, and human services agencies and non-profit organizations.
Our specialized services are designed to improve and support organizational capacity to effectively use research, assessment, and evaluation processes for continuous program improvement resulting in enhanced outcomes.
The purpose of evaluation is to collect, analyze, and interpret relevant data using evidence-based methods.
The evaluation process should be customized and meaningful to the organization and its stakeholders.
Evaluation supports the ability of an organization to understand and improve the impact of its programs and services.
Evaluation is an educational and collaborative process.
Evaluation must be timely, efficient, and effective.
- Evaluation of K-12 and post-secondary STEM, English language arts, and health educational programs.
- Development of comprehensive, user-friendly evaluation plans.
- Support for data teams at instructional, school, and district levels.
- Quantitative research using QED, mixed-methods, and RCT methodologies.
- Qualitative research including survey and focus group design, key informant interviews, and classroom observations.
- Creation, scoring, and analysis of student assessments linked to state and national standards.
- Evaluation of curriculum alignment with 21st century skills across content areas.
- Evaluation of curriculum alignment with CCSS and NGSS standards.
- Community engagement activities, including facilitating Community Forums, Focus Groups, and conducting Key Informant Interviews.
- Organizational support in setting goals, prioritizing tasks, and providing realistic, actionable, and smart solutions that lead to effective decision-making and planning.
CPRE staff and consultants include doctoral and masters-prepared education professionals. We have high level experience in educational and non-profit research and evaluation, curriculum review and alignment, teacher evaluation, and creation and implementation of validated student and program level assessments.
CPRE experience includes rigorous evaluation projects funded by the CT Department of Education, the National Science Foundation, the U.S. Department of Education, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the U.S. Department of Defense, the U.S. Department of Labor, and the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as well as many universities and school districts.