Est. time: 21 min
What is epilepsy? The word Epilepsy is derived from the Greek word "epilambanein" which means "to seize or attack." Epilepsy is a disorder characterized by the tendency for recurrent seizures. Seizures are abnormal movements or behavior due to unusual activity in the brain. "Seizure Disorder" is the term used to avoid using the term epilepsy. In this tutorial, you will learn the following objectives:
- What is the Prevalence of Epilepsy?
- What does a Seizure look like?
- Treatment. First Aid for Seizures
- Preventing Injury
- When to call an Ambulance
- Special Concerns in the School